Monday 11 April 2016

#FreshFaceForward with Natural Collection

For as long as I can remember I have had an obsession with makeup and trying new products. Therefore my beauty look throughout the years has always been evolving. As a teenager I had an obsession with being tanned and most of the time looked like I had been tangoed (anyone remember my first ever TOWIE appearance?) I then channeled my inner Marilyn Monroe with porcelain skin, red lips and cat flick eyes. As this year started I made a new year beauty resolution to channel a more natural look. I ditched the extensions, the daily false lashes and decided to try a new fresh face look. A lot of you have picked up on my new transformation and are loving it, (I wish done it earlier.) So here is my new favourite #FreshFaceForward look that can be created for under £16 and in under 5 minutes.

Step 1 

Ensure your face is thoroughly cleansed, toned and moisturised before you start applying makeup. This keeps skin hydrated and ensures your makeup stays on for longer and protects your skin from the elements. 







Step 2 


Conceal using the Natural Collection, £1.99 cover up-stick 


Concealer is great for two things, firstly covering any blemishes and imperfections  Secondly to blend and cover any dark circles and bags under your eyes. This works by reducing redness and neutralising your skin tone.


I use the shade 'fair' under my eyes and 'medium' to cover my blemishes. Gently pat the product into the skin with clean fingers. 








Step 3 


Apply ShineAway Natural Collection £1.99 Foundation 


Apply ShineAway Foundation to smooth out complexion, building and blending for a natural lightweight cover. I choose the shade 'porcelain' as I have a fair/medium skin tone, however there are six colours to choose from depending on your tone. 


Apply using a fibre brush in circular motions









Step 4
Complete your base by adding pressed powder to reduce shine and keep foundation in place. 

I use the shade 'warm' and gently pat the colour onto the skin using a small powder brush. I have also used this to create a subtle bit of contouring by rubbing more product under the cheekbone. 







Step 5
Blush the cheeks using Natural Collection £1.99 Blushed Cheeks

Using a large, fluffy shadow brush, sweep the powder blush across the top of your cheek bones to add a rosy pop of colour.


I have used the shade 'Pink Cloud,' and I have recently found out that this is the best selling blusher in the whole of self selection in Boots!







Step 6


Lengthen the lashes using Natural Collection £1.99 Water Guard Mascara

  I can never leave the house without applying mascara. So over the years I have tried so many products to find the perfect formula that lengthens and volumize. This mascara is incredible at all of the above and its waterproof, (an added bonus.) 

Using the wand apply a small amount to the bottom and top lashes.


Here you can see my left lash after applying the product and my right naked lash. How insane are the results. 







  

Step 7 

Frame the lips using the Natural Collection £1.99 Lip Liner (exclusively in-store at Boots)


Lip pencils are used to shape and define lips, they are also great as a barrier to stop lipstick bleeding. Glide the pencil softly across the perimeter of the lip, always ensuring to keep your pencil sharpened. 









Step 8 

To finish any fresh face look, subtly colour lips using pretty rosy and neutral tones, In this look I have used the colour Raspberry. This moisture shine lipstick range is super long lasting and keeps the lips hydrated and soft all day.





My finished Fresh Face Forward look.









Day to Night 

To vamp your look up for the evening add a warm eyelid. Using my five favourite shadows from the Natural Collection £1.99 Solo Eyeshadow range and Natural Collection £1.99 Eye Lines Pencil.






 Step 1
Using a linear brush, cover the entire eye lid with the base colour 'Butterscotch.'



Step 2 
Using a tapered blending brush lift the bottom lashes and blot the darkest shadow 'Asteroid.' This is a brilliant way of making blue or green eyes pop. Also blend this shade into the cut crease. 




Step 3 
Using a fluffy shader brush, blend 'milk chocolate,' into the cut crease using circular motions.  



Step 4 
Highlight the brow bone using 'willow.' 



 Step 5
Dab a small amount of 'white opal' into the corner of the eye.



Final step
Pencil the waterline for a more dramatic feline look.



To view more of the Natural Collection range visit Boots online, or larger Boots stores.  



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Live Laugh Love Always Lydia | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig