This weekend me and the girls hoped on a plane to Budapest for my sisters birthday celebrations. Its a part of the world I have never explored before. I have been completely blown away by this city, the beauty, the culture and the history. Knowing the weather wasn't going to be much different to England :( rain, rain, rain, I made sure I packed my warmest. I love jumper dresses in the winter, so comfortable and great at hiding the winter stomach bulges. A staple for winter is a good pair of leather boots, I love these from M&S. Teamed with this on trend blanket coat.
Monday, 16 November 2015
Tuesday, 10 November 2015
I have been obsessed with beauty and fashion for as long as I can remember. If you look good, you feel good and if you feel good, you do good. Hair for me is such an important part of feeling my best. Visiting hair salons is a great luxury which I love to do, but this can be expensive and time consuming. Over the years and lots of practise I have finally learnt how to create my two favourite looks at home, the big bouncy blow and the Hollywood curl. I have always been a massive champion of Nicky Clarke so when he asked me to come on board to help create the DesiRED range I was honoured. These two hair appliances for me are the ultimate tools and I am so excited to be the face of this range.
Creating The Big Bouncy Blow dry
1. After washing, dry hair with the brand new Nicky Clarke desiRED Dryer, on a medium heat and medium speed to avoid frizz. Don’t forget to twizzle sections as you dry to help form waves.
2. Gather up your fringe and clip them to one side. Using a vent brush, move the dryer from side to side so there is no natural part to the hair.
3. Use a small round brush and blow dry the ends downwards, twisting the brush under at the ends. Avoid the roots. Volume will naturally appear due to the movement created by the vent brush.
4. To create that little bit of movement, take a medium-large piece of hair between the Nicky Clarke desiRED Straighteners, towards the end of the hair. Twist the straighteners 360 degrees (or until the end of your hair is pointing away from you) and slowly pull the straighteners down.
5. Unclip your fringe and create a side parting. Use your desiRED straighteners to smooth down the fringe. Brush through your hair to soften your waves and fix with a little hairspray.
Creating Classic Curls
1. Starting from the bottom layer, take a small-medium piece of hair between the Nicky Clarke desiRED straighteners, a couple of inches from the scalp. Then take the rest of your hair and wrap around the straighteners.
2. Twist the straighteners 360 degrees (or until the end of your hair is pointing away from you) and slowly pull the straighteners down.
3. Once released, tease the curls with a comb to add volume.
4. Upon reaching the top layer, start your curls further down to fit in with your parting.
5. Brush your fingers through to loosen the curls and then spritz with hairspray.
Friday, 6 November 2015
A lot of people have been tweeting me, asking what products I have been using this series. Whilst I like to trial new products and very rarely keep to the same makeup routine. Here are my essentials for this series, that helped me create many makeup looks, including the below.
I tend to use NC25
Colour: Ambition (creme)
Friday, 23 October 2015
Monday, 19 October 2015
Suede has made a massive comeback this year in fashion and it doesn't look like the trend is leaving us anytime soon. Its very boho-chic and a great, tough, thick fabric to wear as winter draws closer.
All girls love to wear pink, so its great to see some suede options on the market that aren't the typical muted, earthy tones.
Shot in the beautiful Italy.
Monday, 5 October 2015
Suede has been bang on trend this season and great for this transitional weather. I love this skirt as its very boho chic but also super girly in this pastel pink shade. Team it with a cute blouse and classic courts.
© Lydia Rose Bright | All rights reserved.