Friday 18 December 2015

Beauty: My ultimate Countouring/Highlighting products

When I first started applying and using makeup nearly ten years ago, I don't ever remember contouring and highlighting being a thing. Or maybe I was too young and inexperienced to know. But I kinda feel when the Kardashians blew up so did this! For me it is the best makeup skill to have. You can slim down your face, reduce your nose size and create definition. Over the years I have tried many different products and I am sure I will carry on testing and trailing. But at this present time these are my favourite products and skills to achieve this makeup trend. 


After applying your favourite foundation, a good highlighter to mask bags and brighten eyes is essential. My favourite is the Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter. Apply a generous amount and brush using a soft small blending brush. I use the colour 'light boost,' this is the fairest colour to suit my pale skin tone. However choose your colour accordingly, remembering to always opt for two shades lighter than your natural skin colour. 



Step 2: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit £39
This kit is a little steep in price initially, but you do get six colours and it lasts forever. Firstly I start by using banana, the yellow tone powder. I apply this using a tiny powder brush to my T zone, under the eyes and on the chin. This brightens, highlights and mattes.

Secondly I mix Fawn and Havanna, the darkest and lightest brown shade, using the real techniques contour brush. This is a great brush to invest in for this skill. Shade just under the cheekbone,this sculpts the face and defines cheek bones.



Step 3: Benefit Dallas Blusher £23.86
I use this powder and its handy brush to contour and slim the nose. Brush down either side and gently rub the tip. Ensure you don't apply to much product, if it looks to obvious blend with a clean brush. 


Step 4: MUA LUXE palette £8
Applying a shimmer to the cheek bone helps blend the contour and again draws more attention to the cheek. This is actually an eyeshadow palette however I find it is an amazing blend of colours that creates a great shimmer. Simply brush along all colours and gently blend into cheeks. 



Step 5: KIKO Invisible Powder £11.90
Set and matt the whole look by applying a blotting powder. This is a great option at soaking up any added moisture. Apply lightly to the whole face.



LOOK COMPLETE!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Live Laugh Love Always Lydia | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig